Process all soiled hotel bed linens, terry and food and beverage table linens by operating all laundry/dry cleaning machinery in accordance to hotel's standards. Clean, press and finish staff and guest garments, as well as designated guest room fabrics and articles.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Operate the ironing and folder machines according to specifications. While processing cleaned articles through the machines, check the cleanliness and condition of each; separate damaged/stained articles.
- Fold cleaned articles and stack into designated amounts by type and size. Place stacks in specified carts for distribution.
- Replenish F&B closets with clean linens on a daily basis.
- Document and process guest requests for laundry, dry cleaning and pressing of garments, hotel uniforms and designated management garments in accordance with departmental specifications.
- Operate wet cleaning equipment and use specified chemicals according to procedures.
- Process and finish garments according to garment labels.
- Separate stained/damaged hotel uniforms and determine status for repair, recleaning or discard; maintain continuous inventory of discard uniforms.
- Place finished wet cleaning garments in designated areas for distribution.
Maintain accurate poundage records of dry cleaning and laundry according to departmental procedures.
- Maintain accurate piece count of iron, towel, and pillows.
- Report faulty equipment, damaged garments/linens, shortages, maintenance needs, safety hazards and problems to supervisor.
- Remove lint and debris from drains, dryer filters and change filters as specified in departmental procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of work areas throughout shift.
- Transport trash containers to dumpster, empty and clean according to standards. Adhere to recycling procedures.
- Breakdown and clean work areas/equipment according to departmental standards.
- Use designated chemicals, supplies and equipment to clean laundry room floor.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of supply/storage closets in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Restock work areas for next shift as assigned.
- Wax iron/towel folder twice daily or as needed.
- Exhibit a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with guests and fellow employees.
- All other duties as required.