Responsible for the daily operations of hotel/resort kitchen from preparation to execution of all meal periods.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Participate in restaurant promotions with Director of Marketing.
- Ensure proper ordering/purchasing of products for every day and specifically weekends.
- Act as a creative force in menu development
- Research and develop new trends in fine dining, regional cuisine andother worldly cuisine.
- Interact with restaurant guests/visit restaurant in each meal period and connect with guests.
- Address guest concerns/complaints and resolve to complete satisfaction.
- Participate in all management meetings.
- Train restaurant staff on cuisine and dish preparation/presentation to assist in selling to guests.
- Monitor and review daily revenue reports, labor reports, food cost and all other F&B reports., adjusting where necessary to ensure costs in line with budget and revenues.
- Monitor quality control, plate presentation, food quality, etc.
- All other duties as required.