26/12/2018 • CDD
Description de l'offre
Plan, prep, set up and prepare quality products in all areas of the Pastry/Bake Shop to include, but not limited to pastries, desserts, breads, ice creams, sorbets, creams, jams, displays/centerpieces in accordance with departmental quality standards and specifications. Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment.
· Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
· Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
· Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and hotel requirements.
· Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, properly and safely.
· Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental/hotel policies and procedures.
· Meet with Pastry Sous Chef/Executive Sous Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
· Complete opening duties:
a. Set up workstation with required mise en place, tools, equipment and supplies
according to standards.
b. Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and
supplies; ensure everything complies with standards.
c. Check production schedule and pars.
d. Establish priority items for the day.
e. Inform the Pastry Cook of any supplies that need to be requisitioned for the
f. Transport supplies from the storeroom and stock in designated areas.
· Inspect the cleanliness and organization of the work station; rectify any deficiencies; maintain throughout the shift.
· Start prep work on items needed for the day.
· Prepare and produce dessert menu items for Restaurants, Room Service and Banquets following recipes and yield guides, according to department standards.
· Produce centerpieces for Banquets and buffets. Display items attractively and to specified requirements.
· Prepare amenity orders for Room Service in accordance with specified requirements and hotel standards.
· Inform the Executive Sous Chef of any shortages before the item runs out.
· Assist the Pastry Cook as required ensuring optimum service to guests.
· Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and hotel requirements.
· Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
· Inform the Pastry Shop of any excess items that can be utilized in daily specials or elsewhere.
· Disinfect and sanitize cutting boards and worktables.
· Transport empty, dirty pots and pans to the pot wash station.
· Direct and assist Stewards in order to make clean-up a more efficient process.
· Breakdown work station and complete closing duties according to department standards:
g. Return all food items to the proper storage areas.
h. Rotate all returned product.
i. Wrap, cover, label and date all items being put away.
j. Straighten up and organize all storage areas.
k. Clean up and wipe down food prep areas, reach-ins/walk-ins, shelves.
l. Return all unused and clean utensils/equipment to the specified locations.
m. Ice down hot items from the steam table, so they cool quickly.
n. Turn off all equipment not needed for the next shift.
o. Restock items that were depleted during the shift.
· Review status of work and follow-up actions required with the Pastry Cook before leaving.
· All other duties as required.
Détails de l'offre
Date de publication
Type de contrat
Votre profil correspond ?Postuler