Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona is offering guests an opportunity to discover Catalonia’s prestigious Priorat wine region and one of its most famous wineries. While touring Priorat, one of only two Spanish wine regions to have DOQ distinction, guests of the Priorat Wine Journey Package will enjoy an exclusive wine tasting at the cellars of Mervm Priorati.
Guests booking the two-night Priorat Wine Journey Package will be driven through the rugged countryside of Priorat in a luxurious private car to the charming, ancient village of Porrera, home of Mervm Priorati. After a warm welcome from the winery’s owner, guests will visit the vineyards in a convertible 4x4 on their way to a guided walking tour of local sights, accompanied by a viticulturist and historian. Key points of interest are the Escala Dei monastery, which has its origins in the 12th century, and the Hermitage of Sant Antoni, with its panoramic views of Porrera.
On returning to Mervm Priorati, guests will be shown round the cellar by a wine-making expert before tasting its finest vintages with complementary tapas. Lunch will then be served by the Chef of the cellar, followed by a guided tour of Porrera village.
The A Priorat Wine Journey Package is priced from EUR 2,070 per person based on two sharing and includes:
- Two nights’ stay in a luxurious Deluxe Room or Suite at Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona
- Daily buffet breakfast for two people served in-room or at Blanc restaurant
- Welcome bottle of Priorat wine in-room
- Private round-trip car transfers to Mervm Priorati in Porrera
- An introduction to the owner of the Mervm Priorati winery
- A chauffeured drive through the vineyards in a convertible 4x4 and a guided walking tour of local historic sites around
- Porrera, accompanied by two experts in wine-growing and local history
- Tour of the Mervm Priorati cellar accompanied by a wine-making expert
- Tasting of four different wines and complementary Spanish tapas
- Lunch served by Mervm Priorati’s Chef of the cellar
- Guided tour of Porrera village
The package is valid until 31 October 2020, subject to availability.
Guests wishing to extend their Priorat wine experience, can book a table at the hotel’s two-Michelin-star Moments restaurant, where sommelier Diana d’Urso will recommend vintages to pair with a tasting menu prepared by Raül Balam and seven-Michelin-star Carme Ruscalleda, two of the world’s most celebrated ambassadors of Catalan Gastronomy.
For reservations and information please visit www.mandarinoriental.com/barcelona.
About Mervm Priorati
Mervm Priorati is rooted deep in the history of wine-making in Priorat, where vines have been cultivated for more than one thousand years. Tucked away in this harsh yet abundant corner of Catalonia, the Pere Ventura Group-owned brand is one of the most emblematic of the DOQ Priorat wine appellation.
Within Mervm Priorati’s sustainably designed winery, extending across 2,500m2, highly skilled staff use state-of-the-art technology to make wines from grapes grown around the village of Porrera. Its distinctive soil, rich in slate and quartz, gives the wines an exceptional body and flavour that is much appreciated by aficionados around the world.
Mervm Priorati strives to offer high-quality wines with great character - wines that elicit fresh sensations and linger in the memory long after they’re tasted.